I finally feel like I have my life here figured out. I have found a great group of girls who will be here for a few more weeks, I have mostly figured out what I will be eating, and I have figured out the important bus routs for me. I meet the girls (Victoria, Angie and Ellie) at my volunteer organization L.I.F.E. I spent most of the weekend with Ellie and the 4 of us along with Angie's roommate Kaite went to Uruguay together. It couldn't be more thankful for these girls. We will watch the Argentina game together on wednesday then go to a show called Fuerza Bruta.
For the next month a typical day will look like this...
Wake up at 8:45 to get ready for class. I have class from 10am to 2pm. Then, I take bus 59 to the office where we meet to volunteer. Most days I will have extra time so I can pick up fresh fruit from a small fruit stand by the bus stop and/or a pastry or two from a little bakery. We leave for volunteering at 3:30 so I have plenty of time to change and eat lunch once I get to the office. Today we got back to the office at 7, so I was home around 7:30 to eat dinner. Not only is the office near a great bakery and produce stand, but there is also a place to add money to my bus card RIGHT NEXT DOOR!
No comments:
Post a Comment